| welcome to social.hackers | posts are made by Clocwork and Shadowdrifter | added some new hack diaries + podcasts |

Saturday, June 4, 2011

AWUS036H Product Review

     Today, I Shadowdrifter would like to tell you about an item I recently bought. It is the AWUS036H long range wi-fi antenna. It came with two antennas, and two adapters the smaller increases my wi-fi range by around 200 feet where the larger antenna can increase it by 600-700 feet . This also comes with an installation disc for older computers, but it shouldn’t be needed usually. So for anyone into wireless security this is the perfect antenna since it worked on my Backtrack4 right out of the box. It supports deauth for WPA-PSK and packet injection.  The package I bought is Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Range WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi and 9dBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna and Mini bendable Flex cable for Better adjustment.
You may have realized there is an amazon ad in this post, I would like to take the time to explain why. Recently Clocwork and I have been wanting to transfer to a real host, and get our own domain name so we will be adding some ads to try and afford this domain/hosting! So if you would like to help out just add it as a comment, thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment