| welcome to social.hackers | posts are made by Clocwork and Shadowdrifter | added some new hack diaries + podcasts |

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Javascript Injection Toolbox

This is for all of the skids out there that want some easy to use scripts. Recently shadow and I have been working on new methods to hack websites. I, Clocwork, have been focusing on learning Javascript since PHP is fairly easy to understand (although it is rather tedious). Well, I came across Javascript injection a little while ago and I realized that it could essentially be a great tool for me to use later on. So, without further adue, here is my Javascript Injection Toolbox.

Requirements :
- Computer with internet access
- Some basic knowledge of Javascript

Recommended :
- Firefox Browser


What is this toolbox?
 
Basically what this toolbox is, is it's a collection of scripts that make Javascript Injection a lot easier, and are stored in your browser's Bookmark Bar. 

Example:
 
You can easily make your own scripts if you have knowledge of the language. I threw together my "Execute Remote JS" script in about a minute with very little knowledge of the language.

How do I Make it?

     Go to your Bookmark Bar (Firefox) and right click on it. Now, select the option "New Folder." You can name this folder anything you want, I just named mine "Scripts" to save space (since my bookmark bar is actually rather full). 
     Now, right click on the Bookmark Bar again. Select the option "New Bookmark." You should see a box like this (the title will be different)

Example: 
In the "Name" field, you can put whatever you like, but, the location is the important part of this tutorial.

STOP (Please Read)

In case you don't know what you're doing, these bookmarks will allow you to execute Javascript scripts in your browser. To see what I mean, copy this

javascript:alert(document.cookie);

and put it in your URL bar right now. You should see something pop up with all of your cookie information. The use of this "javascript" command allows us to execute codes from our browser.

GO

Now, in the location field, you can put whatever script you wish to run. The idea of this toolbox is make tedious commands simple to use. For instance, if you're someone that likes to modify or spoof cookies, you would want a script that displays cookies for you (like the one I mentioned above).

Of course, these scripts can more interactive. For instance, here's a code I created to execute remote Javascript files from a site.

javascript:function%20display(){var%20location=prompt("WHAT%20IS%20THE%20LOCATION%20OF%20THE%20FILE?","127.0.0.1");%20document.write('<script%20type="text/javascript"%20src="'%20+%20location%20+%20'"></script>');}%20display();

This way, I can modify my remote file at any time without having to change my bookmark.

Execution

To execute these commands, you simply go to your target website, click on your "Scripts" folder and select the script you wish to run. It's simple, and it takes less time than physically typing in the commands yourself. 

Conclusion

The rest of the toolbox is up to you. The first two codes were to get you going, but you can literally put any code you like (as long as its javascript) in these bookmarks. Again, the idea is to use flexible scripts (ones that you can run on any website, you just click once and the code is done), or advanced scripts (allows for more flexibility when you have more diverse sites)

So, I hope you enjoyed this idea, if someone else has had the same idea then awesome. I myself like to have things organized (even though my room is a mess) so I decided I'd go ahead and make a tutorial on this simple thing.

Thanks for reading,
- Clocwork


(check out the thread on HackForums http://www.hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=47 )

No comments:

Post a Comment